- Eastern Frontier Island Residency 2004
- Regional Artist Project Artist 2002
- Producer’s Color Service, In-kind ProductionGrant 1988
- Michigan Council for the Arts IndividualArtist’sGrant 1984-85
- Center for New Television, NEW:Production Grant 1984
- Michigan Council for the Arts: Individual Artist’s Grant 1981
- American Film Institute: Independent Filmmaker Fellowship 1977
My studio is an Open Studio. Patrons are welcome to see my paintings here , ask questions, chat and observe my process.
Link for more INFORMATION ON OPEN STUDIOS and a Patron's Guide to Buying Art.
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- The Spectator, Ishmael in the Wilderness chosen as one of the 10 best shows of 1994.
- Artspace’s 3-Person Show Award. Chosen by John Coffey, Curator of Contemporary Art, NC Museum of Art, 1995.
- Artspace Proposal Show Award, 1994, chosen by membership.
- Durham Art Guild Juried Exhibition Merit Award.Glaxo Purchase Award, Durham Art Guild Exhibition, 1990.
- Capital Broadcasting Company
- Temple BethOr, Raleigh, NC
- Washington Elementary School, an historic African -American High School in Raleigh, NC; presently part of the elementary magnet system.
- Book Jacket Illustration, Communicating Health: Personal, Cultural and Political Complexities, Geist-Martin, Ray, Sharf (co-authors,)Wadsworth, Belmont, CA, 2003
- “Animation: State of the Art,” City Arts Quarterly, volume 2, Number 4, Fall/Winter 1987.
- Work included in catalogue of American Animation Art, Field of Vision, o. 8, Fall, 1979.
- Frames, a Selection of Drawings and Statements by Independent American Animators, edited by George Griffin, Capital City Press, Vermont, 1978.
- Tyler School of Art, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pa. BFA, 1972
- SUNY Upper Division at Utica-Rome (graduate credits in children’s lit.&art) 1973-74
- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI ,Graduate Certificate in Archives 1988
- Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival, 2006
- Retrospect, Chico State University, 2000
- Retrospect, Performance Network, Ann Arbor MI, 1987
- Golden Years: Tyler’s 50th Anniversary: Invitational, 1984
- Brooklyn Arts and Cultural Assn., Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, January 1984
- Jewish Film Festival, National Showings including Kennedy Center, Washington DC, 92ST Y, NYC
- Retrospect, Performance Network, Ann Arbor MI, 1983
- Women in the Visual Arts, featured artist, Delta College, MI 1983
- Detroit Focus Gallery, invitational film showing, 1980
- Ann Arbor Film Festival Tour, 1978
- Cinema 12 Tour