Resume Page 1
VITA: Andrea Gomez
On to Oz Studio
Raleigh, NC 27604-1952 919-821-1114 (cell) 919-616-8669
- SELECTED FEATURED SHOWINGS OF MY WORK
- Caldwell County Arts Council, 2008
- Featured Artist, Glance Gallery, Raleigh, 2006
- Blowing Off Steam, Little Art Gallery, Raleigh, 2004
- Mundocitos, Artspace, Raleigh, NC 2003
- Divine Milieu, Raleigh Contemporary Gallery (cited by Independent in Best Ten 2003) 2003
- AsaltoyParanoia Artspace, Raleigh, NC 2002
- Pictures from the Birth of the World, The Horace Williams House, Chapel Hill
- Retrospect of my Films and Exhibit of Art from the Films University of California at ChicoState 1999
- The Burdens Sequences., Artspace, 1997
- Flipbooks and Storyboards, Tyndall Galleries 1997
- Restless Images: 3-person show at Artspace, curated by John Coffey.
With Pat Scull and Gerry Lynch 1996
- To Help Us Live: God, Passion and Angst, with Gerry Lynch and Antonio Rivera. Stevens Gallery, Raleigh NC 1995
- Ishmael in the Wilderness, with Mickey Gault.
This installation exhibit was Artspace’s Artist Proposal Award Show in 1994.
(Re-exhibited by invitation at Duke in 1996.) Cited inThe Spectator and
The Durham Herald Tribune as one of the10 most important shows of 1994.
- New Works, Artspace, Raleigh NC, 1988-97
- 36th Annual Juried Art Show, Durham Art Guild, 1990-95
- Henley Spectrum, Winston-Salem NC, 1990
- Wake Visual Annual Exhibit, Paul Hartley, Maude Gatewood, jurors 1990-91
- One Person Show, Interior Landscapes, Tyndall Galleries, 1993
- One Person Show, Carteret Gallery of Contemporary Art, Morehead City NC 1993
- “Animation Art,” a show of contemporary American animators’ single paintings and cels, Pittsburgh Filmmakers, Inc., Paul Glabicki, curator 1979
[Film showings, next page]
SELECTED MAJOR REVIEWS OF MY WORK
- Max Halperen, “Envisioning the Arts,” The Independent, December 31, 2003
- Juror's Notes from "New Works," 2003 juried exhibition of Artspace Dr. Sarah Schroth, curator, Duke University Museum of Art.*
- Max Halperen, “Layers of the Divine,” The News and Observer, January 24, 2003*
- Kate Dobbs Ariail, “Source Imagery,” The Independent, June 6, 2000*
- Kate Dobbs Ariail,”Freeze Frames,” The Independent, June 9, 1993
- Blue Greenberg, “Pastels Show Gomez in Comfort,” The Herald-Sun, June, 1993..
- Max Halperen, “Experiencing the Mystery,” The Spectator , January 12, 1994.
- Blue Greenberg, “Gomez and Gault Take On Our Times with Biblical Foundation,” The Herald-Sun, January 23, 1994.
- Kate Dobbs Ariail, “Biblical Implications,” The Independent , January 15, 1994.
- Chuck Twardy, “The Banished Sun,” The News and Observer, January 14, 1994.
- Chuck Twardy, “The Artist Makes a Spiritual Quest,” The News and Observer, September 29, 1995.
*To read reviews, visit: http://www.gomezart.net/OntoOzStudioBio.html
back to top Back to Bio Page
All work on this site © 2004 by Andrea Gomez, all rights reserved. Unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, posting or duplication of any of the material on the web site is prohibited without express written permission from Andrea Gomez. The artist reserves to herself all rights of reproduction and all copyright of her work.